I won't try to contrive some story that insists Scout was hiding from me or the dogs. As we all know, she is too little to walk or crouch. So, that would be unbelievable. Instead, I will just relate a more believable story to you about me and my new "powers." Yes, I have developed superhero abilities.
I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman nor do I work out of the Fortress of Solitude. However, I have realized an "enhancement of the senses" now that I'm a mom.
- Hearing: I now notice a pacifier hit the hardwood from 45 feet away. I can sense a faint wimper through 2 closed doors while I'm asleep.
- Smell: I can pick up on the scent of a pood diaper before Scout even knows she's done it.
- Touch: I know the exact temperature of water necessary to make a bottle or run a bath for a baby.
- Sight: I can see in a dim light well enough to to measure out exact measurements of formula and water.
Now I realize how my mother was so good at "detection" of anything. I thought being a teacher gave you a head's up, but this baby rearing is a whole new level of skills. I'm not sure if DC Comics will be interviewing me, but if you need me and the use of my powers, just put up something that resembles the bat signal, and I'll be there.

4 comments:
I'M LAUGHIN SO HARD IF I HAD TO PEE YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN..
Man, you are killing me! I love the pood diaper ... cracks me up!
Kam
Glad to know my super mom powers didn't go unnoticed! Mom
the bat signal is reserved for me. Ro, you can have the one that looks like a pacifier ;)
Post a Comment