(No, I'm not referring to when Scout goes without undies.)
The other night, I went into Scout's room after she'd been asleep for a couple of hours. Now, this is a risky move, but I just have to push it. I'll get something in my head like, "I bet she's cold and needs to be covered" or "I need to turn off a night light" Yeah, one of those must do's.
So, back to my story...
I walk in like ace ventura all back and forth trying not to let the boards creak under my feet. I first go for one of her night-lights, passing her bed to traverse the room. As I get to about her shoulders, she turns her head, and I could see an eye about to open....
I DROPPED TO THE FLOOR LIKE A SOLDIER IN CROSSFIRE. I WAS ON MY HANDS AND TOES PARALLEL TO THE FLOOR, RIGHT NEXT TO THE BED.
She was then quiet, so I extended my arms in a push up move (yes, I was on my knees by now since I can't do a real push-up) and peeked up over the side of the bed....and there she was, staring at me. Confounded look on her face.
Well, I just climbed into her bed like I meant all of it. She soon fell asleep, and I snuck out. I just wanted to tell you all that because I often feel like a ninja / soldier in my house when I am doing mom duties.
7 comments:
At first I thought you were going to tell a sans underwear story...so I was confused at first....but then it all came together. Good stuff. I can picture it all in my head and it is awesome.
You are so stealthy - too bad she's so smart and caught you redhanded! :)
playing that all out in my mind was hilarious...I can only think how much better it was in person. Greatness.
your mom calls it the Australian crawl...
Sometimes motherhood IS like war-fare, we just don't get to carry a rifle! Mom
I can totally see that in my head. You might have pulled the move once before - maybe after a few beers. Classic Ro. You have met your match with that little girl.
hahahahaha.. this cracked me up sooo much! i totally relate. lol
Post a Comment