After finally taking them to the doctor, I did bring home their stats for their baby books and now for the blog...
Brooke Eve is 5.5 months old and weighs 17.5 pounds (75th percentile) and measures 27.5 inches in length (95th percentile). She can sit up with assistance (or on her own for like 1 minute), she is dying to get down and crawl so she can join in the fun with Scout and maybe grab Emmitt. Other points of interest: She may actually be getting close to a tooth and she is working that out by chewing on her toes while on her back. I love toe chewing, I must admit. She solidly wears 9-12 month clothing. This shirt from the picture is from Aunt Dianne and it is 12-18mos. I put on a cute 12 mo thermal suit yesterday from Robin and Jason and it was perfect. I've learned to put the clothes on these kids quickly. Thanks for the gifts! She loves them and so do I. As for the bear in the picture...shout out to MiMi Diann C....thanks for the Christmas PooBear!
Scout Noelle is sporting her new jacket from Pa-Pa Phil. The day after Christmas, she weighed in at 40 pounds and measured 42 inches (both 95th percentile). I don't have really anything new to report on her development, although the nurse did ask if she could "potty in a cup." I'm like, seriously? So, Scout did the potty and I held the cup...success was ours. She took a shot in her upper arm and didn't cry, so that was praise-worthy. She still loves Brooke, and she enjoys "art," her "babies," pretending and even watching TV. Yes, she loves watching TV. But, we did buy her a Big Wheel for exercise but it was the Dora Version and she sort of can pedal.
Sidenote about Dr. Visit: I even asked if I could take her out of the booster seat - yes I'm sick of the booster, and a seat belt can do it, but I got shot down. She is supposed to stay in a "belt positioning booster" until she is like 80 lbs. I'm like, um she'll be like 5' tall. I mean I know kids in my biology class that probably should be in a booster, but whatever. I guess we error on the side of safety.
5 comments:
Whoa, she peed in a cup?!
That's like amazing.
I probably shoulda been in a booster seat until I was a junior in high school...thank goodness that law wasn't around then! How embarrassing!
When both of these girls are in the WNBA, I am their agent...seriously, who do you know that is more stubborn? I will get them the lucrative contracts...hee hee
ya, that booster thing is crazy, some insurance companies will not pay out if kid was not properly fastened. Something to think about?
You and Scott make some damn cute kids!
Post a Comment